Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.belladonnaboutique.co.uk.
How we are protecting your data?
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
We want you to know that we’re committed to protecting your privacy
We collect the minimum amount of information about you which helps us provide you with a satisfactory service. This may include personal details or details about your order. We want you to know that the website gives us the right to collect that information, but importantly gives you the option to opt out at any time. We do it as we want to get to know you better, which means we can process your orders faster and show you more of the offers and products you love. If there’s a problem with your order (unlikely, but it does happen), it also means we can deal with it super speedily.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When contacting us using the sites contact form we collect the data shown within the form, and also the visitors IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
When making a purchase from us
When you make a purchase from the www.belladonaboutique.co.uk website we collect personal information including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and the items you order. If you set up an account with us then we will collect additional information including your date of birth and password which will be used to secure your account.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice .
Signing up for newsletters and other updates
If you sign up for our newsletter, to receive updates about our products, or to receive special offers, we will collect the data required by the sign up form, and also the visitors IP address and browser details to aid us in securing the site against attacks to our service.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- We may disclose personal information obtained about you from this website in order to complete a transaction – e.g. when arranging for a courier company to deliver goods that you have ordered.
- We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of exciting developments associated with our business.
- You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
- We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties, for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or completing a registration form, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
- We may share your name and address (but never your email address or phone number) with other companies/ trusted retail partners whose products or services may interest you.
- We may share your name, address, email address and transaction history with data selection analysts, data segmentation and ranking agencies, email marketing agencies and prospect modelling agencies. It sounds very complicated but these organisations help us to analyse our customer base and to identify potential new customers, and to target our marketing in a way that is most relevant for you. In all instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We love having you as a customer so as long as you keep shopping with us, you’re one of our BFFs in our eyes. That means we keep a record of our friendship, from your first pair of sparkly heels to that unreal bandage dress which is always a saviour for a big night out. This record helps us answer any questions about your order history should we ever need this for important legal or audit purposes. We know when things aren’t working out anymore, so if you haven’t shopped with us for six years, we’ll realise that you’ve moved on to find a new shopping buddy, and delete your information from all our systems.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Purchase details are shared with our payment provider WorldPay to enable them to process your payment. There has been some coverage on TV recently regarding the banks implementing additional checks around payments to include the person whom the payment is being sent to. The information which we share with WorldPay will enable these payments to continue without interruption.
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We want you to have as much control over your personal information as possible, so we want you to know that you can do this in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes.
- If you have previously signed up to our email newsletters and want to unsubscribe at any point click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email or log into your account to change your preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.